- Dear Executive Members of CHC during 2002 to 2003, can you please shed some light on what Kong Hee said during the AGM in context of the money spent on Sun's MTV:
Annual General Meeting script in 2002
Kong Hee said:
“The deferred expenditure.. now this is what we spent. Now $231,000, what did we spend on, we spent on this Pastor Sun’s MTV project because we want to use it a tool for evangelism, but this is not just money spent and we won’t recoup because we’re going to recoup it back in a few months time…Now, the cost of the MTV is almost a quarter million dollars, we need to sell 47,000 copies to break even. As of now, 4 weeks later, we actually, today is what.. the 28th of last month was the eve of Easter Good Friday, already we sold 30,000 copies. Now and we haven’t even come to Singapore yet, yes, Amen.”
Did no EM find it questionable that they were using church money for Sun's MTV without first consulting the members then and no one voiced out at all? And quarter of a million dollars to produce one MTV!?
- I am really thinking if I should leave City Harvest Church or to help stay and rebuild the house of God. Was telling my CGL who has executive position within the church and she told me not to listen to the lies of the media and the naysayers. But I can clearly tell that the leadership is lying with all the concrete evidences in court already shown. Yet they conduct church as if nothing happens and preach all about the goodness of God. I am at a loss for words.
My CGL went to tell others about my insolence and defiance to other leaders and they brought me aside to tell me to repent. They told me Pastor Kong nor the others will go to jail as they did nothing wrong because all these happenings were created by God for a purpose.
I then asked what if they went to jail. They called me faithless and asked me if i had even learnt anything during my 5 years with city harvest church. My CGL then told me that if Pastor Kong and the rest go to jail, they are sacrificing for the world to save more souls and its a strategy from God and that they must follow them. They then used the biblical story of how Paul was sent to jail and how Daniel was thrown into a den of lions yet Jesus set them free.
They then hinted that there will be a fresh leadership at the church to revitalise and spearhead the future growth of the Christian community in Asia and to be a leader church for Christ with 4 key pastors with Senior Pastor Sun Ho (and her son), Pastor Aries, Pastor Zhuang and Pastor Yi Lun. I was told that God spoke to the other leaders telling them that the thousands who left were actually temporary, learning new solid material from other churches, making use of their time wisely there before coming back with at least 3 friends per person, making us have at least 3,000,000 members and the biggest church in the world because of the 100 fold increase and pay back by God.
They told me not to fall for the lies of the devil but to stay and glorify God and become the pioneer batch of a new generation of leaders that will be a world changer and world shaker just like Pastor Kong whom we dearly love.
Any advice? :(
- The trial resumed this week.
I would like to encourage all subscribers of CHC Confessions to read the article below:
Singapore megachurch founder Kong Hee on trial in religious freedom test case
Indeed, our very religious freedom is being put to the test here? This is not prosecution by man but persecution of the highest level.
Let me remind everyone that Rev Kong Hee singlehandedly built God the biggest church in Singapore. He has been put on trial because of envy and jealousy in the attempt to clamp down on his popularity and influence. He has not committed any crime and his integrity is maintained.
The only crime one can accuse him of is a crime of passion -- his passionate and sacrificial love for his wife, which is biblical by the way. Paul tells husbands to love their wives as Christ loves the church.
The bible also says to touch not the Lord's anointed. Yet so many of you continue to do so. Be warned that God says that vengeance is His, so get ready for Him to unleash His wrath upon you sevenfold.
Kong Hee, Singapore megachurch founder, on trial in religious freedom test case
Religious freedom? Or misuse of church funds? Those are the questions surrounding the ongoing corruption trial of a megachurch founder in Singapore who has won support from international religious leaders such as Pastor A.R. Bernard.
- I have watched this case with interest as I was told to be quiet (and my questioning of leadership was clearly disapproved of) when I objected to Kong Hee being booked to speak AGAIN at a Conference at the church I was attending in 2013 in Australia (not a C3 church).
I loved the people in my church and I was very concerned that he would promote his UNSCRIPTURAL 'crossover' evangelism ideas to our people. Call me old fashioned, but I believe visiting ministry must be carefully vetted and must be absolutely honest in upholding the Word and biblical decency. I saw this as compromise. I saw our leadership choose to promote a 'big name' ministry and show loyalty to a fellow minister, instead of protecting the sheep. I struggled with this hypocrisy. I felt conflicted and realised I couldn't respect that and so took an opportunity to leave and join a smaller, more humble group. It took me a while to feel like forgiving......but I know the Word does VERY CLEARLY warn us to forgive.....so I CHOSE TO, regardless of my feelings.....AND I repented for my anger and holding on to any hurts. Now I'm free and life is peaceful. God knows what is best for us.....that's why He asks us to forgive anyway.
The Word of God is clear.....regardless of what wrong is done, regardless of whether the wrong is acknowledged or righted......WE MUST FORGIVE. We don't have to stay in an abusive or dishonest situation or trust that situation or person again......that would be stupid. But forgive....Yes! Father God is gracious....He understands it is hard and He will help you all heal, but we all do need to be obedient to the Word. It's about our fellowship with God and our heart. CHC leadership are God's business. And I would not want to be in their shoes if they don't repent.
- "Every Breath You Take" - by THE POLICE (SPF)
Every MOVE you make
Every FLIGHT you take
Every TITHE you rake
Every LAW you break
I'll be watching you.
Every TIME you pray
Every GAME you play
Every LIE you say
Every SOUL you slay
I'll be watching you.
Rancher Kong Hee
Just you wait and see
Chief District Judge See, he'll send you to Changi.
Every FOOL you make
Every SMILE you fake
Every VOW you break
Every CLAIM you stake
I'll be watching you.
Once you're gone, she'll leave you without a trace.
You dream at night, but you cannot see her face.
You look around this prison cell you are placed.
You feel so cold, and you long for her embrace.
You keep crying baby, baby please...
Every BREATH you make
Every BITE you TAKE
Every COUGH you FAKE
Every RULE you break
I'll be watching you.
- Kong Hee be like...
- I was young, charming and ambitious. I came to a church with so many other young professionals. I was intrigued by the shining building and stylish pastors. I was inspired every week by the preaching. I loved the music and the energy. No place fitted better for me. I quickly went as a regular member to an intern to my CGL, and then to a CGL in training and then to a CGL. I gave and tithed because money was never an issue for me. I liked the attention from my members, I liked the authority, I enjoyed the 'fellowship' with the other members and leaders. I had fun at the leaders' meetings where the leaders were so motivated in "reaching out in more memberships and raising more money" for the next services. I craved for the adrenaline, the busyness, the pressures to reach out to more members, to raised more tithe for my CG and more building funds money. I enjoyed being "served" like a boss by my members like how KH being served as the big big boss.
Then, I grew up. I stopped going to church. But I became a black-belt (term KH liked to use) charmer, a smooth speaker, a master manipulator, a sharp business-minded person, and above all a stylish one. I was equipped and trained by the church to succeed in the marketplace. Well, of course I idolized KH for being such a good mentor to me.
Years go by, I did well as a disciple of KH until my mom brought me to her church on my 30th birthday; where I saw a totally different scene. I met humble people, I saw poor people, I saw a pastor (who was a doctor too) gives free medical treatment to the sick. I now know what a REAL church is supposed to be in opposed to a "Hollywood" church.
I then been having a long heart-to-heart with my mom and confessed all my shenanigans to her and she promised to be with me when I am ready to repent. "浪子回头金不换" she said.
- With regards to lawyer Edwin Tong's cross examination on 30th Jan, Sun Ho's songs hit number one on Mediacorp radio charts based on amount of airplay. I have faint memory of church members gathering together tearing dedication sheet off newspapers/magazines and dedicating Sun's song to boost the airplay. Anyone remember that?
- I have a confession to make. For months, I had bought into Chew Eng Han's story that he was the bastion of truth and represented the truth and only the truth, due to his breakup with Kong Hee and gang. I was one of those who visited Chew's FB page n even Mrs Light blog to wish him well n to cheer him on for saying things in court that the other lawyers did not dare to say. Now it seems that it maybe 1 big elaborate plot to fool the public n even the courts. How can he still maintain that no monies were lost in funding Sun Ho's secular career? How could he agree with Edwin Tong that SH's Sun*day had topped the charts prior to the buyback from the church? How could he still be calling Kong Hee his 'spiritual father' after all that has happened? I have the strange sense of déjà vu that we have been 'round-tripped' n strung along this journey that Chew Eng Han has planned all along. I have a 'prophecy' that the suit against him will be dropped by the church n he will be welcomed like a 'prodigal son' back to the folds....The drama extends beyond the court rooms n into the Internet space...don't be fooled by everything that others proclaim....'Actions speaks louder than words'....n CEH's actions shows that he is playing both sides of coin n tugging on people's heartstrings along the way. Don't be fooled so easily...fellow netizens.