- 2 Peter 2:1-3
New Living Translation (NLT)
The Danger of False Teachers
But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them.
In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered.
In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.
- Hard to believe, Pastor Kong's bible knowledge is so shallow. Yst Sunday, 9 March, he said ''be still" in King's James means "shut up'. In other words, Pastor Kong is saying, God tell his followers to shut up.
My jaw dropped, immediately I Googled the meaning of psalm 105 verse 17-19. Not a single mention regarding shut up.
Haiz, Pastor Kong may have spill his words accidentally, but he should slap himself repeatedly, because his mistakes is killing his followers.
- Dear admin, I want to share the blog with everyone for their opinion. Thank you.
My Thoughts on Recent Issues
Social media is a double-edged sword that can build or destroy individuals or society at large. With the availability of Internet technology, many articles and comments that failed to make its way to
- I let to share my experience in the church it indeed helped me grow closer to God as I spent more time reading the bible and worshipping him in my own quiet time. But things started to change drastically after SOT as I opened my eyes to see what this church was really all about.
Especially when I was going through a rough patch, hard time NO one come and help me even my CG also put me down. My CG also very good in brainwash people. I finally knew my true friends were not those in church.
No one truly understood how I felt. Neither did I dare tell my "leader" or share with my leader then because I predicted he/she would go around telling my stories to the people.
Singapore's megachurches move to export lucrative religion
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - "God is here, God is here," croons Singapore church official Sun Ho as she struts across a neon-lit stage and thousands of people in the congregation pump their hands and sing along.
- This is to address my previous post on the class action suit, sorry that I did not identify myself. I'm a former CHC member and have been in church for 7 Years from Jurong West to Expo and to Suntec before I left.
The purpose of me making this post is just to gather strength for a joint effort to pursue legal actions against CHC in an attempt to recover our monies and not a form of guarantee that you will get your money back or anything like that, I'm just like many of you out there who just want to get my money back.
One of you also ask if this is for ex-donors who left their info with the church, I will say yes, because if you previously gave without disclosing your info, frankly speaking I have no idea how the church gonna keep track of your givings and how you are gonna prove your givings since you did not disclose your info and probably have no official receipts issued to you.
I have personally lose all my donations receipts for building fund as well and I'm sure some of you out there too have lose your receipts. I frankly have no idea on how to go about this since I have never done a class action suit before, so the idea is to gather the strength first and we discuss online how to go about doing this, once we have something more concrete, we can meet up psychically and have some action kicking.
Those of you who have submitted your info last year when I posted on confessions page, I have already dropped you an e-mail in November last year stating that we should remain in a wait and see mode prior to any action. This decision was based on considerations such as our disadvantages if we were to launch the suit back then and also some advise posted here https://www.facebook.com/CHCConfessions/posts/666026873416693
In order to be able to launch the suit, firstly we need to have the strength to do so which currently I only managed to gather about 15 contacts, and there is a need to keep this discussion going if we seriously want to get back our money although no guarantee. I have contacted COC (Commissioner of Charities), CAD (Commercial Affairs Department), AGC (Attorney General's Chambers) and National Council of Churches Singapore and all four advised us to seek legal advise independently as they are not able to assist with this issue. I have also contacted CHC, first time they say they will look into our request once we provide them our info, second time I contact them, they changed tone and said that all donations are free-will and non refundable and they are more than willing to help us with any arrangements if we experience financial difficulties even for ex-members.
- We don't challenge the right of City News to speak. We don't gag KH's mouth with electrical tape. Not to mention all the CHC people who continue to irritate non-CHCers or exert peer pressure on CHCers.
Please stop publishing the views of those who want this page to be "regulated" or "balanced with flattering views." A few confessions on this topic have already served the purpose of debating and educating people. If they want to rebut in future, they are free to do so in the comment section.
(Please publish this.)
- Several months back, I have consolidated info from some ex members on getting refunds back from CHC. I'm now thinking of a possible class action suit to get our money back, we need to gather as many people as possible, please fill up this form here:
CHC Refund (Class action suite)
- what do people think about the online anti-harassment measures the government is looking at? does anyone think that that changes things for pages such as this?
- Why is everyone hating on an old man? He probably didn't know what he was doing, and if he did, he was a product of his time and culture.